The Pine Street Labs team monitors blockchain networks for code changes, network upgrades, and security fixes. The aim of this research is to ensure safety and limited downtime for on-chain users across the ecosystem.
If your business is looking to support more networks, more onchain activity, and reduce network monitoring costs, request access to walletOS today.
How To Use This Tracker
This blog post provides an overview of the updates that have been made over the past week, with a particular emphasis on changes relevant to wallet operations.
Under each network header, releases are formatted as follows:
<Link to full release> (release date)
- Release highlight 1
- Release highlight 2
Note: Prerelease updates will be marked as "prerelease" between the link to the full release and the release date
Banff.5 - Warp Messaging (12/22)
Warp Messaging is a native Avalanche Subnet-to-Subnet communication protocol that allows any two blockchains running on different subnets to send and verify messages between each other. The additional code that supports this functionality can be found in the vms/platformvm/teleporter directory of the
avalanchego repo. See Patrick O’Grady’s thread for more on Banff.5 and Avalanche Warp Messaging.
- Adds subnet message serialization, see teleporter/codec.go and teleporter/message.go
- Adds signatures for subnet messages, see teleporter/signature.go
teleporter.Signerincludes both a BLS secret key as well as a chainID to specify which subnet the signature is being applied to. More documentation is expected to be released on this in the coming weeks.
validators.Stateinterface to support non-whitelisted chainID to subnetID lookups.
- Adds subnet message verification, see the diagram here from Patrick O'Grady for the full flow of subnet message generation and verification
Polkadot v0.9.3.6 (12/20)
- Fixes redundant rate limiting that slowed down the network unnecessarily. More on that issue here.
- This is a high priority upgrade due to the rate limiting fix.
Umee v3.3.0 (12/22)
- Adds a new RPC query,
QueryMaxWithdrawto query the maximum amount of a given token that a user can withdraw.
- Adds a new message type,
MsgMaxWithdraw, to represent a user's request to withdraw the maximum valid amount of supplied assets.
- Fixed a bug with reserves in
ExportGenesisthat would prevent reserves accumulated from borrow interest from carrying over if the chain needs to be started from exported genesis (i.e., in the event of a hard fork).
Ethermint v0.20.0-rc5 prerelease (12/22)
- Deprecate support for the legacy EIP-712 Signature verification implementation, the new EIP-712 signature verification process includes signatures in the body.
- Adds a Ledger preprocessing transaction hook for EIP-712 signed Cosmos Payloads. This is needed to format EIP-712 transactions for verification on Ledger devices specifically. Once a Ledger app is available for Evmos this preprocessing will be modified or removed entirely since it won't be needed.