The Pine Street Labs team monitors blockchain networks for code changes, network upgrades, and security fixes. The aim of this research is to ensure safety and limited downtime for on-chain users across the ecosystem.
If your business is looking to support more networks, more onchain activity, and reduce network monitoring costs, request access to walletOS today.
How To Use This Tracker
This blog post provides an overview of the updates that have been made over the past week, with a particular emphasis on changes relevant to wallet operations.
Under each network header, releases are formatted as follows:
- Release highlight 1
- Release highlight 2
Note: Prerelease updates will be marked as "prerelease" between the link to the full release and the release date
Bitcoin Core 24.0 (11/24)
- Adds a new
mempoolfullrbfconfig option that lets users change the policy their node uses for relaying and mining unconfirmed transactions. This option defaults to the existing policy, so no changes occur if the default is used.
deprecatedrpc=feesconfig options have all been removed.
getpeerinfoRPC has been updated with a new
/blockfilterheaders/endpoints now use a query parameter instead of a path parameter to specify result count. The count parameter is now optional, and defaults to 5 for both endpoints. Old endpoints remain functional.
- Guix builds are now reproducible across all architectures.
- The replacable option for the
createpsbtRPCs now defaults to true.
listsinceblockRPC methods now include a wtxid field for each transaction.
Testnet v1.14.9 (11/28)
- This is a testnet only release, due to prior mistakes the testnet is currently incompatible with mainnet-beta. This release is part of the solution.
- Cap accounts data a transaction can load by its requested limit
Umee v3.2.0 (11/27)
- This release is the final step for enabling Gravity Bridge. Slashing is enabled and validators must now run Peggo and must process claims to avoid being slashed.
QueryLiquidationTargetsRPC is now available when the node is run with
--enable-liquidator-query. The Liquidator build flag has been removed. This query should not be enabled for nodes with a public API, as the query involves intensive computation that can impact node stability when used by an attacker.
- IBC is updated to v5.1
Polkadot v0.9.33 (11/28)
- Makes the Multisig Pallet Bounded
Substrate Monthly 2022-12 (11/30)
- Support using
ed25519-dalekfor historical block tx verification.